For Microsoft Corporation
With more than 13 years at Microsoft as an employee, contractor, vendor, and partner, Emily has worked in a variety of programs with more than 20 groups across the company. Specialties include:
- Marketing and project management for product launches, global marketing programs, partner programs, websites, and sales tools
- Sub-contracting for Microsoft Approved Vendor companies and Microsoft Partners
- Sales and marketing programs working directly with enterprise Partners and customers
Emily knows the systems, processes, and people well and can easily jump in to most any Microsoft project with any group. Emily is proficient with Microsoft Office products and power users of Dynamics CRM, Project, Excel, Visio, Word, Excel, and SharePoint.
-Vendor Projects through Projectline Services-
Marketing and Project Manager, US Marketing and Operations, Microsoft Experience Center Program
- Led partner, internal, and customer relations activities for an established and growing sales program for Microsoft Office and related technologies.
- Designed internal and external websites for the program.
- Created collateral.
- Worked with key stakeholders and subject matter experts on new releases
- Managed a training tour for 20 districts throughout the US including planning for schedules, logistics, content, and achievement of tour goals
- Worked on the Microsoft Experience Center (MEC) partner program to educate the Microsoft field about promoting MEC among Systems Integrators and Resellers. Overall, work with the partner team to evolve and evangelize the program for partners.
- Modified the program requirements, specifications, content, and communications for various industry and customer-specific audiences.
Project Manager, US Marketing and Operations, Developer Marketing, Windows Phone 7
- Manage reporting and tracking for a Windows Phone marketing campaign that encourages student developers to create Windows Phone apps.
- Coordinate with marketing vendors to create and distribute ads, newsletters, emails, and websites
- Select students of the month and apps of the week to feature in internal and external publications
- Wrote email letters to students and put them through legal and marketing approval processes
- Wrote technical guide for campaign reporting processes and best practices
Project Manager, Windows Phone 7 Product Team
- Managed the communications, meetings, and schedule for the Windows Phone 7 Fy12 planning process
- Created a communications plan, meeting cadence, and tracking tools to monitor progress
- Set up and managed a team portal to share documents and communications about the project
Marketing and Project Manager, Global Customer Immersion Experience Program (CIE)
- Managed the schedule and launch activities for a new global Business Productivity Business Decision Maker sales program (Customer Immersion Experience (CIE))
- Managed team of vendors and subcontractors
- Coordinated the roll-out of the program to more than 130 Microsoft offices and Partners worldwide
- Wrote all marketing brochures, facilitator guides, training materials, and evaluation tools for the CIE
- Created a detailed project plan, tracked issues, and communicated status of the program to core stakeholders
- Translated technical guides, training materials, and scenario documents from French to English
- Launched a new Business Productivity internal Web site using SharePoint Server 2007. Responsible for gathering content, writing content, editing Web parts, and organizing reviews with team members
- Created and manage a Dynamics CRM Online database from the ground up for tracking the CIE activities and results.
- Created reporting model, metrics, tracking, and monthly reports for worldwide community
- Managed events related to CIE including local customer and internal CIE sessions, facilitator trainings, executive briefings, and customer roadshow tours
- Conducted call downs with subs and districts to check in on their progress with CIE.
Project Manager, SQL Server Oracle Compete Team
- Created and manage a project plan for a large bank’s SQL Server deployment
- Created weekly report about the status of migration
- Led weekly project meetings with the customer, product team, and account managers
Marketing Manager, Microsoft Software Assurance Team
- Managed marketing content and messaging for SA e-learning and training voucher benefits
- Coordinated Partner marketing communications
- Created monthly newsletter
- Managed internal SharePoint site and content for external sites
- Provided marketing strategy to ensure consistency across SA messaging, programs, and channel marketing activities.
Field Readiness Marketing, Windows Mobile 7 Launch Team
- Researched field readiness needs worldwide to determine the kinds of communications, events, training, and content that various roles in the field (distributors, account managers, sales, retail leads, OEM managers, etc.) will need to launch the next version of Windows mobile.
- Created a channel marketing readiness plan and presentation
- Developed tracking systems for measuring the effectiveness of proposed activities
- Assisted with the planning of a worldwide sales boot camp event
Partner Marketing Role, Microsoft Business Productivity Group
- Responsible for BPIO Partner Marketing Activities including an IW Partner Activation Campaign, BPOS Partner Marketing, BPIO Partner marketing site (www.sellmsbpi.com), and the Partner Marketing Plan for the Customer Immersion Experience program.
- Managed BP Partner events including WPC planning, Partner Training, and parts of BPIO University.
- Provided regular communications, tracking, and support for BP Partners working on key BP campaigns such as the CIE.
Project Manager, Microsoft Windows Server Product Group
- Project managed the development of the team’s Bill of Materials (BoM) for the launch of Windows Server 2010.
- Tracked the status of more than 100 documents including customer presentations, whitepapers, case studies, and competitive guides
- Worked with content owners to meet deadlines, led team meetings about the status of content, and created a timeline and work back schedule to ensure delivery of materials on time.
- Organized internal team site for content and kept all document records up to date.
- Wrote and edited customer presentations and some marketing materials.
- Created plan to organize and collect content from all Microsoft subsidiaries worldwide.
Project Manager/ Technical Writer, SQL Server Product Group
- Wrote a technical specifications document, getting started guide, voucher form, and field messaging for the Works with SQL Server testing tool.
- Worked with both internal and external website owners to post documents and summaries.
Ascentium Corporation (Microsoft SI Gold Partner)
Business Development Manager
- Responsible for new business development and account management with Microsoft Corp and PacWest region.
- Worked with engagement teams and project managers to scope Microsoft work, write proposals, and close new business.
- Worked closely with the Microsoft field on Solution Briefings, ADS sessions, and POCs
Quilogy (Microsoft SI Gold Partner)
- Responsible for new business development with Microsoft Corp and PacWest region.
- Managed resourcing for new engagements, kick off with clients, billing arrangements, risk management, and often also served as the project manager and/or consultant for several Microsoft projects throughout the company
- Successfully juggled new business development, event planning, project management, people management, executive meetings and reports, and day to day consulting work.
Managing Consultant, Project Manager, and Business Analyst
- Project managed, planned and executed the development of various Web applications, eLearning courses, and Microsoft partner/sales readiness kits.
- Project managed WW GTM Readiness courses for the Microsoft global sales force to learn about GTM selling basics and strategies via both Instructor-led and Web-based training. Worked with Microsoft product groups, WW Learning & Readiness group, GTM owners to create 27 courses over a 4-month period.
- Created positioning framework, job aids, battle cards, presentations, and marketing slicks for SQL Server LOB, Office, and BI Reporting GTMs.
- Provided business analysis, strategy planning and documentation for Microsoft application development projects.
- Conducted new business activities including generation of leads, proposals, and new business presentations.
-Microsoft Employee Projects-
Marketing Manager, Customer Evidence Team, US BMO
- Influenced sales and positive press for Microsoft by matching customer references with sales and PR opportunities
- Created a global customer reference program to increase use of reference-based selling worldwide
- Led proactive communications with PR, analysts, and sales to promote Microsoft’s customer references for use in press articles, ads, sales and analyst reports
- Served as point for customer relationships and co-marketing activities with more than 100 of Microsoft’s top e-commerce and enterprise customers
- Managed team of 3
- Developed approximately 100 case studies about Windows and Server products
- Managed customer evidence and PR efforts for several TAP and JDP programs for .NET Server products, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
- Worked directly with Microsoft account managers and the CXOs of Fortune 500 customers including JetBlue, Merrill Lynch, NASDAQ, and several international corporations. Worked directly with the company CXO’s to get their approval for quotes, videos, and other ad-related materials.
Marketing Contractor and Vendor, Windows Server Product Team
- Worked as both a vendor and contractor in the Windows Product team managing partner readiness, customer evidence, and product launch activities for Windows Server
- Project managed a channel readiness kit for Windows Server that was sent to more than 100,000 channel partners worldwide
- Administered research on the effectiveness of channel marketing efforts worldwide
- Was on the core Windows launch team